Berlin, August 2011

I spent four days in Berlin this past August and it was easily my favorite city that I got to visit in Europe.  It's known as the city that is always changing, which I think helps to keep the city in constant excitement.  I stayed at this really cool hostel called Circus Hostel in Rosenthaler Platz.  I didn't know anyone in Berlin but the hostel has a bunch of little events and a bar which made it super easy to make friends.  They also have a free walking tour of the city, which is something that I normally wouldn't have gone on, but I was really glad I did.  The tour guide was really funny and took us to major landmarks but also more unknown spots like the ground above the bunker which Hitler committed suicide in.  I went to a Jazz Club, a more hip dance club (Kaffee Burger), and Germany's largest beer festival that had over 800,000 beers and a ton of square dancing remixes of current American pop songs.  I also checked out a bunch of art galleries, museums, and shops which are all really relevant to Berlin's current scene.

-Kaya

late afternoon 


On the train from Dresden
Lilu in the Hostel 

cathedral
Berlin Wall

Jewish Memorial





No comments:

Post a Comment